Tuesday 22 April 2014

Birthday magic.

While I was in Disney World I had a 'fake' birthday on April 13th. It was truly one of the most magical and special days that I have had. It's a day that I will remember for a long, long time. To start off my day, we had a breakfast reservation at. Cinderella's Royal Table. This involves having a delicious breakfast in Cinderella's castle in the Magic Kingdom with the Disney princesses. I have been super excited since we made the reservation in January, and it was definitely worth the wait! Once we arrived at the castle, we had our photo taken with Cinderella herself in the entrance hall, inside the castle is, of course, very regal and Cinderella was lovely, telling us we were going to have a girls only breakfast with the other princesses. Afterwards, we were taken to our table... The best table in the house, by a window overlooking New Fantasyland and Prince Phillip's carousel. Our table has been decorated with a wishing star, a magic wand as well as extra special birthday confetti and a birthday balloon, one of my many birthday surprises! I already felt like a princess! As we sat down, the waiter came over with a tiara on a cushion for me (surprise number two...) so not only did I get to feel like royalty, I looked like it too! The menu at the castle is delicious, I opted for the healthy breakfast and the chef came out to speak to me about my special dietary requirements.  Nothing seemed like a too big problem and he was happy to swap things for me. We were served Mickey Mouse pastries to start which was promptly followed by our breakfasts. 

Whilst eating, the other Disney princesses came round, chatted to the guests and took photos. Ariel even complimented me on my red hair. Of course, the whole process was truly magical and it was lovely to see all the little kids looking so awe inspired by the beautiful princesses. After breakfast, I got another surprise... The waiter brought out a birthday cake for me! Dena had so thoughtfully organised all my birthday surprises... The birthday cake was a special fat free, dairy free chocolate cake from Babycakes NYC. Having gallstones, I never, ever thought I'd get to eat a bite of birthday cake this year, let alone being able to eat pretty much all of it. The cake was so yummy and didn't taste at all like a 'special' gallstone friendly cake. 

After breakfast, Dena had another amazing, unforgettable surprise for me. We made our way over to Heritage House in Liberty Square and on the rocking chair on the verandah was a bunch of white roses with my name on it! I had to unwrap the roses from their packaging and inside was a note from Belle, instructing me that the villains had taken my birthday present and I had to find it before the last petal on the last rose fell! We were going on a Disney treasure hunt! I made my way over to Frontierland, following the instructions to the next clue which was hidden in between some sacks. This time the rose told me I had to go to the Pirates of the Caribbean ride and look for a canon and the next clue. Off we went, it was so exciting to be running around the park, looking for clues and items that were just for me. Finally the clues led us back to Liberty Square, I had saved the most beautiful gift! The whole treasure hunt was so personal to me, even down to the colour of the roses and the fact that Belle is my favourite princess. I would have never expected such a magical and perfect birthday experience. 

This amazing experience was organised and put in places by Gifts of a Lifetime - I obviously don't know anything about the planning but from a receivers point of view, it really was such an incredible and unforgettable experience and helped to make my birthday one that I will never forget! 

Usually I hate anything to do with my birthday, I would rather downplay it and it makes me sad. But this year, for sure, I was so happy that it was my special day. It was the perfect last day to my already super memorable and enjoyable stay in Florida. 


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...