Friday 30 January 2015

The Liebster Award

As a novice and fairly nervous blogger, it was so lovely to receive a nomination for the Liebster Award from Emma.  The Award is a great way to be introduced to new or small bloggers (that's to say, those with under 200 followers) and just through this nomination, I've discovered so many new blogs that I have followed and will be reading.  




The rules for this award are simple: answer the questions given by the person you nominated, write your own 11 questions to ask your 11 nominees, all of whom must have less than 200 followers.  Such a lovely and positive thing to do and share.  

Here are Emma's questions: 

What tv show would you want to go on?
Do I have go alone?  If I had to go on a TV show solo, I think it'd pick something cooking related - perhaps Masterchef!  I'm not a great cook but I'd love it to give it a go and learn so much.  If I can be part of a team, it'd have to be Million Pound Drop with Dena.  Pretty sure we'd ace it, to be honest.

Favourite villain?
Bellatrix Lestrange from the Harry Potter series.  She is so crazy and horrible that she's bad-ass.  I think I just love how bonkers she is! 

What is your ideal bedroom style?
I'd love a large, airy bedroom with French doors that opened out onto a beach.  Furniture wise, I'd pick out white washed drawers etc, lots of large, vintage-style mirrors and a huge bed with an unnecessary amount of cushions.  I'd want that by-the-sea feel! 

If you could be told your future would you want to know?
No.  I'm a firm believer of what is meant to happen will happen.  I  believe that we have a path set out for us and it wouldn't be right to find out what's in store.  I think the future is terrifying at times but it's meant to be like that. 

Has your dream job changed from when you were little?
Yes!  Especially since I'm not actually sure what my dream job is right now.  I'm currently in the middle of a job-related crisis!  When I was younger, I wanted to be a flight attendant - a job I'm sure I'd love now if it wasn't for my fear of flying! 

What is an unpopular opinion of yours?
An unpopular opinion that I hold is that I think young adult fiction is just as good as "proper" literature.  YA fiction deals with issues and themes in an honest way that shouldn't be overlooked.  There are great YA novels out that dealing with anorexia, transgender, illness, bereavement, as well as love, friendship, hope in times of adversity and more.  It brings often inaccessible but real issues to the forefront of people's minds and that is never, in my opinion, a bad thing. 

What hair styling tool can you live without?
I'm really lazy when it comes to my hair, I tend to just wash and go.  I'll blow dry my hair if it's particularly cold outside and perhaps straighten it if I'm going out (which doesn't happen very often!).  The only thing I couldn't live without is my hairbrush. 

Favourite part about blogging?
My favourite part about blogging is that you have your own little space on the Internet where you can be yourself and say what you want.  I also like discovering new blogs that keep me entertained, informed, or introduce to me to new things. 

Who is your spirit animal?  Or someone who inspires you?
Jennifer Lawrence. I simply adore her and her attitude to life.  She seems so down-to-earth, clumsy, hilarious and talented.  She hasn't changed who she is and that really inspires me. 

What is your pet peeve?
Maybe I'd be better saying what isn't my pet peeve.  I'm quite a short tempered person, with an extremely good poker face.  Please see this Buzzfeed list for more info. 

How do you deal with spiders?
Erm... I really don't.  I'm a massive chicken so if I come across a spider, I have to find someone (read: Dena) else to take it out.  I hate them being killed but I don't like them so humanely removing them from my vicinity!  

My eleven questions to be answered by my beautiful nominees:
1. Where do you feel most relaxed?
2. What's your favourite song?
3. If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
4. Who do you tell your secrets to?
5. If you had to give one piece of advice to the rest of the world, what would it be?
6. Did you like school?
7. Half empty or half full?
8. What's your favourite kind of blog post and why?
9. What's your guilty pleasure?
10. Have you ever stolen anything?
11. Do you believe in aliens?

And now for my nominees:


I'm always on the lookout for new blogs to read - please send me your links!


4 comments :

  1. Thank you so so much for the nomination! This means a lot to me. I'll answer your questions in my next post, thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've written this comment so many times now - I don't know what is going on with my phone! I'm only just catching up on your blog so hadn't seen this before. Thanks for the nomination, this will be fun! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've written this comment so many times now - I don't know what is going on with my phone! I'm only just catching up on your blog so hadn't seen this before. Thanks for the nomination, this will be fun! Xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...